Aim of The Girls’ Brigade International
To help girls to become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and through self-control, reverence and a sense of responsibility to find true enrichment of life.
GB Singapore’s Mission
Developing each girl and officer to her fullest potential by equipping, empowering and enabling.
“Every Girl a leader;
Every Officer a Servant Leader”
Our Company: 41st (Xinghua Primary School)
Parades are on Tuesday from 7.30-9.00am during term time
Badgework for Girls Brigade Primary section:
- GB Star
- God’s Book – To introduce stories in the Bible about Jesus
- My Journey – To encourage the girls to discover more about God’s world and their place in it
- My Service – To teach the girls to be of service to others (to own organization is not counted)
- My Treasure – To help girls appreciate the talents and abilities God has given them
- My Activity –To develop an enjoyment of physical activities
- My Responsibility – To develop a sense of responsibility in our girls
During the parades, activities are carried out to ensure the girls have opportunity to obtain the 6 badges each year, and the Star Award if all are obtained for that year. Those who do well by Primary 6 are recommended for the Junior Brigadier Badge (JBB), our highest honour in the primary section.
In addition, there are National Events for the girls’ participation:
- Junior Leadership Training Course (JLTC)
- National Drills Competition
- Fast Food & Fuzz Camp
- UG Carnival
- Girls’ Brigade Friendship Day
- Girls’ Brigade Fortnight (love gift collections)
Do you have a passion for children? Do you have a skill you would love to share with the children? Or you simply enjoy accompanying them on outings and so on? If so, please feel free to contact the church office to find out opportunities on how you can be part of the Girls’ Brigade to make a difference in the lives of these girls.